At Thornhill School the safety of the staff and children is paramount. We have a variety of procedures in place to ensure the security of your child in school and on school visits:
- Risk Assessments are carried out before activities take place or in the organisation of school visits.
- There is only one entrance into the building which has a security key system. There is a camera to view who is at the front entrance.
- All visitors must report to the school office and sign in and out.
- Playground external gates are closed and locked when children are outside.
- There are at least two staff members outside when pupils are.
- Pupils use only one main exit from the building.
- The school carpark is separate from the playground.
- The cleaner checks the playground before school starts.
- Documents regarding personal details are kept securely.
- Parents have to inform school if there are security concerns regarding their children.
- All adults who work regularly with children have to have a CRB check.
The Head teacher and governing body have responsibilty for security at Thornhill School.