This week we held our Governing Body meeting on Monday evening. Our school Governors perform a vital role in supporting the school and holding school leaders to account. They give their own time on an unpaid basis in service to our school community and barely receive any thanks for this.
Here are some of the things our Governors have done in recent months for the school:
- performed regular health and safety checks in school to ensure compliance with legislation. This include checks on fire alarms, water temperatures and the upkeep of the building
- reviewed the performance of the head teacher and supported decisions about staff pay and performance
- supported the shortlisting and interview of school staff
- reviewed school performance in testing for the whole school and key groups of learners
- had a key role in devising plans to improve the school in 2019-20 in terms of curriculum intent, outcomes, provision for pupils, ensuring equality and access for all
- reviewed school performance in all key OFSTED areas
- addressed concerns/ queries from the school community
- provided support for staff managing complex SEND and Safeguarding issues
- attended training linked to their roles in school
- made significant decisions about finances and staff deployment
- supported the transition to a multi-academy trust model
- debated issues linked to school policy and procedures to ensure the most appropriate outcomes for the community.
I would like to thank the Governing Body for the time and energy they give to support the school and their drive to make things even better for our families. You can help us by completing any questionnaires about school performance which are sent home as these are used to ascertain community opinion and drive change. Moreover, please do everything you can to promote our school as a wonderful place to grow and learn.