Serving the whole community
Pick and Mix Maths
- Make a set of instructions showing an alien how to do long multiplication or long division
- Write out 2 problems which need a long division or multiplication to answer them, the funnier the better
- Practice your 18 times table (we are doing it in class) and see how quickly you can say it
- Ask an adult to say a number between 1 and 99 and you say what you add to it to make 100. For example I say 35 and you say 65. I say 20 and you say 80. See how many you can get right in two minutes.
- Ask an adult to fire a mixture of times tables at you. How many can you get right in 1 minute?
- Draw a table showing the equivalent decimals, fractions and percentages for: one half, one fifth, three quarters, one quarter, two fifths, three fifths and any others you want to
- Say one of your times tables in less than 20 seconds
- Run round the garden backwards saying one of your times tables
- Measure the area and/or perimeter of your garden. your bedroom or another room in your house.